As COVID-19 affects a growing number of people in our communities, WOW! is more committed than ever to keeping you connected to your world when it matters most. We also know how important it is to be flexible during these uncertain times, so here are a few updates on what we’re doing to keep you connected, as well as ease some concerns you may have during this difficult time.
Our promise to keep you connected
- WOW! has renewed its commitment to the FCC Pledge to Keep Americans Connected. Until June 30, 2020, we will not disconnect WOW! essential services (Internet and phone) for customers or small businesses because of their inability to pay their bills due to the disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic. If you fall into this category, you must contact us to discuss payment and essential service options to prevent a possible interruption in service and have your account properly flagged to note a COVID-19 related hardship.
- We will waive late fees through June 30, 2020 for customers or small businesses that contact us regarding their economic circumstances related to the coronavirus pandemic.
- We have adjusted our non-pay, collections and disconnect policies. However, all accounts, including those flagged as associated with a coronavirus-related hardship, will continue to accrue monthly charges. We strongly encourage you to pay what you can, when you can, to help reduce the impact of a larger than typical monthly bill after June 30, 2020.
- If you are having difficulty paying your bill, contact us and we will arrange a payment plan.
- If you have WOW! TV services and are looking at ways to lower your bill, contact us as we may have options that could help reduce your monthly Cable TV expense.
Updated installation process
- As WOW! continues to keep our customers connected to essential services while protecting the health and safety of our employees and customers, we have made temporary adjustments to our installation and service call procedures. Technicians will attempt to resolve service call issues without entering the customer’s home.
- For installation of Internet and other service calls, our technicians will deliver a self-installation kit with all the equipment you need and easy-to-follow instructions. The WOW! technician will remain nearby to work with you over the phone to complete your installation. Should an issue arise and access to your home is needed, a technician, while wearing the personal protective equipment and practicing social distancing, will enter your home. For installations with video and/or phone services, our technicians will continue to support in-home installations with the personal protective equipment.
- For more information about self-installation, please take a look at the appropriate self-install guide below based on the model of your Internet modem:
- Arris TG2472
- Arris TG3452
No data caps – that means unlimited access to your world
- WOW! Internet customers aren’t limited by data caps. With families transitioning to working from home and learning online, it’s important that you have this benefit so that you never have to worry about your data usage – and it’s already included with WOW! Internet.
The health and wellbeing of our customers and our employees are our top priority
- We will offer you as much flexibility as you need when booking your in-home installation or service call.
- We will notify you ahead of time, via text message, to ensure everyone in your home is healthy and not at risk of either spreading or becoming infected with COVID-19.
- Our technicians typically wear personal protective equipment, including gloves and hardhats, depending on the requirements of the job. They have also been provided with hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes.
- In the spirit of social distancing and to help contain the spread of COVID-19, we have transitioned our employees to a work-from-home model.
While we know this doesn't solve everything, we hope that it serves as reinforcement that we are committed to keeping you connected to what matters most.